Dear True Fans and Supporters –
We are proud to release version 0.01 of the Civilization Starter Kit DVD – our OSE Christmas Gift to the World for 2011.
While we could go on for weeks with improvements – our Publish Early and Often Policy dictates that today is the cutoff. The full DVD contents are now online, and we will author physical DVD copies by January 31, 2012. These will be part of the GVCS Kickstarter reward structure, and we will also offer these DVDs for sale as a fundraiser.
The most interesting highlights of The DVD are:
- Message from the Founder – The OSE Paradigm; Rollout Plan for 2012; Getting Involved in OSE; My Story
- Practical Post-Scarcity Video – an unscripted exposition connecting our theory to practice.
- OSE Enterprise Plan – a standard business plan brief – in the form of a 6 minute video.
- The core results are the CAD, instructionals, and complete assembly for the 4 machines, such as an 89 page A-Z instructional PDF for the CEB press. We are still working on the professional fabrication drawings.
- Initial construction results for 2011.
- Initial architecture plans for a hybrid CEB/Straw superinsulated microhouse, and more.
Still forthcoming for the DVD are:
- Jan. 1, 2012 – Professional fabrication drawings for CEB Press – PDF to take to your local custom fabricator.
- Jan. 15 – Professional fabrication drawings for Tractor. This will include the new quick connect wheels and the bent loader arms for improved weight distribution – and field testing in moving 3000 lb brick pallets and logs for forestry operations. Professional fabrication drawings for Power Cube.
- Jan. 5 – Completion of full architecture details for CEB/Straw Hybrid Microhouse
- Jan. 15 – Filling in additional information for the machines. We need primarily CAE analyses and other supporting details – listed specifically in the DVD Wanted List on the wiki. I am listing these task by task – as bite-size chunks that lend themselves to volunteer contributions.
HabLab and Workshop construction will not be completed until after the DVD hard copy is published. We will publish those plans later.
We will be releasing 14 more beta products by April 1, 2012 – so our goal of rapid parallel development is materializing. We have $1/2M available as of today to kick it in high gear. More about this later.
After April, we will be preparing for the Build Naturally Workshop – using the hybrid microhouse plans. We expect to host the workshop in July, for which we will have the construction DVD ready – featuring full results from HabLab and Workshop construction, including embodied energy. We aim to have a small prototype of the Hybrid Microhouse built prior to the Workshop – so that we are actually making technique refinements.