OSE workshops are intended to provide you with immersion, hands-on training in practical skills – so you can Build Yourself – and thereby build the world around you. The goal is to lay to rest the myth of technology – to tame technology so that it truly serves human needs – as opposed to humans serving the needs of technology. The way to such mastery, autonomy, and purpose is lowering the barriers to understanding and hacking the technosphere around us – unleashing both information and raw horsepower – ecologically and regeneratively.
3d Printer Construction Set + Filament Maker Workshop
September 30 – October 1, 2017 in Maysville, MO (USA)
The general goal of OSE workshops is reskilling civilization on its forthcoming transition from consumer culture to unleashed human creativity. We hope that in the future, people will look at the century of consumer culture as the ‘dark ages of the digital age’ – superseded by a return to efficient, distributed production – and enlightened by individuals who have regained their autonomy in a pursuit of mastery, with life-giving purpose.
While that is a tall order for our 3-day immersion workshops – our aspiration is to show any participant that they have more productive power in their hands than they ever thought possible.
Some of the goals that we are aiming to achieve with the help of workshop participants:
- Build of a heavy machine in a single day using OSE’s innovative collaborative swarming build techniques – where you are an essential part of the build team.
- Showing to the world that this social production model makes sense both economically and socially – and that the model has a chance of being replicated virally.
- Producing definitive documentation: language agnostic instructionals are being generated for and refined during the workshop for making replication easy.
- Producing definitive design files – from full CAD models to digital fabrication files that allows you or any custom fabricator to build the machine, delivering the promise of digital fabrication for just about any product. See Full Printed.
- Paper copy of a manual – we develop and use templates for documentation manuals so that we can produce high quality instructionals with excellent information architecture. Whenever time allows and people sign up for the documentation track, we produce documentation in addition to the hands-on work.